P H O T O G R A P H Y
For this season's League for Jan, Feb, Mar months a print category is being introduced, alongside existing digital categories.
Closure to submit DIGITAL images for March League Competition. Theme: Ruins. Wednesday, 22nd March 2023 @ 20:00hrs
Closure to submit PRINT images for March League at Crosscare. Theme: Portraiture. Tuesday, 21st March 2023 @ 19:00hrs
NOTE: Month 6 - March - Last Month of this league season.
5 best monthly scores will determine your final score in league table.
Zoom judging results 8.00pm, Tuesday 28th March. Also be held in Crosscare at same time to show print images.
An Óige Photo Monthly League Sep 2022 – Mar 2023
DECEMBER UPDATE .
For this season's League for Jan, Feb, Mar months we are introducing a print category.
- Print images will be scored by same judge as for digital images that month.
- Print scores NOT be added into league tables for this season. Opportunity to get prints judged.
- Can enter 2 prints per month,
- 3 themes to apply that match annual exhibition:
.. January - Black & White/Monochromatic
.. February - Nature - Colour Only
.. March - Portraits - Each can be colour or black & white
- Printed images to be brought to Crosscare the Tuesday Night the week before judging results by yourself or someone on your behalf.
- Prints will also have to be collected from Crosscare - not decided yet which night.
Digital sections will continue as below, alongside prints
September : Bridges
Digital only competition.
Up to three images can be submitted each month.
There are 2 categories – Themed category and Open/General/Own Choice category.
2 images can be submitted in Themed category.
One image can be submitted in Open/General/Own Choice category.
See submission form for Theme, whether Colour, or Black and White.
Choice of 2 sections for entry: NOVICE or ADVANCED.
After 6 months, a participant’s league total score will be total of the best 5 monthly scores out of 6, OR, if less than 6 months entered, the total of the monthly scores.
If you have NOT participated in the league for Projected/Digital Images before, enter the Novice section.
Except if you have been moved from Novice to Advanced before this season:
If you have participated in league for Projected/Digital Images in a previous year and:
• you were last in the Novice section, enter the Novice section now.
• you were last in the Intermediate or Advanced sections, enter Advanced section now.
Images to have been taken this year (If possible). They cannot have been shown before.
Pay attention to getting horizons horizontal, buildings vertical and picture in focus. Submitted images may not be sent forward for judging if these features are of concern.
Recommended to have a size of 3000 pixels on the longest side.
File Name Format: Your club code, ie A1, A2 and A3, image title, ie Big Tree
"A1 Big Tree.jpg" File size between 1-3 megabytes.